Sleep is a very important thing for babies aged 0-6. Good sleep is very important to the baby’s growth, and developing good sleeping habits is the key to guaranteeing golden sleep. Good habits are not developed in a day, you need to persevere, 6 coups to help you develop good sleep habits for your baby.
1: Set dinner time
The best time for dinner is 5:30-6:00 in the evening, the baby can play for 1 hour after the meal, ready to go to bed at 7:30, and officially go to bed around 8 o’clock. A good time schedule is also very helpful for the baby to adapt to kindergarten life in the future.
2: Avoid excitement before going to bed
After dinner, it is best to choose a quieter activity or game with your baby, such as reading, painting, listening to music, telling stories, piling up wood, etc. Do not let your baby do vigorous sports again. Or let him watch surprising and scary TV shows.
3: Create a good sleeping environment
For babies, a good sleeping environment includes the following aspects:
1. Fresh air and moderate temperature
2. Quiet environment and dim light
3. Give the child a small bed of his own
4: Prepare for bedtime
Let the baby form a certain consciousness and know that “it’s time to sleep”. For children over 1, 2 years old, you can do this:
1. Let the baby clean up the toys by himself while preparing the baby to sleep. You can say: “We have been playing for a long time, and the toy is tired. It’s going to sleep. Let’s let it sleep.”
2. Preparations before going to bed such as bathing and brushing teeth to make him feel sleepy. For example: “We are going to take a bath, brush our teeth, and get ready to go to bed.” Ma said while taking a bath, brushing our teeth, etc., so that the baby would understand naturally over time.
5: Implement hypnotism before going to bed
Proper hypnosis before the baby goes to bed:
1. Play a lullaby
2. Say the same thing
3. Tell a story
6: Guard the sleeping child
After the baby falls asleep, mothers should not leave immediately, especially babies under three years old who need a sense of security.
You can tell your child before going to bed: “Baby, go to sleep, mom will be by your side and stay with you for a while!” During the sleeping process, the baby turns over, moves, cries, or two without any major problems. Don’t be too nervous. It is best not to wake the baby, otherwise, it will be difficult to fall asleep after waking up.