Rajgira flour (amaranth flour) – 1 tbsp
Kuttu flour (buckwheat flour) – 1 tbsp
Ragi flour (finger millet flour) – 1 tbsp
Jaggery, grated – 1/4 cup
Ghee (clarified butter) – 2 tsp
Ajwain (bishop’s weed) – 1/2 tsp
Dry ginger powder – 1/4 tsp
Black pepper powder – 1/8 tsp
Water – 2 cups
Milk – 1 cup
Salt – 1 pinch
1. In a saucepan mix together all the flours.
2. Add water, grated jaggery, salt and mix well without any lumps using a balloon whisk or with your finger tips.
3. Place the saucepan on the stove and cook over medium flame till comes to a boil.
4. Simmer the flame completely and cook for 5 to 7 mins stirring continuously till the porridge thickens considerably.
5. Heat a pan, add ghee and let it melt over low flame.
6. Switch off the stove.
7. Immediately add ajwain, black pepper powder, ginger powder and roast for few seconds in the heat of the ghee itself.
8. Pour this tempering over the simmering porridge and mix well.
9. Take the pan off stove.
10. Add milk and mix well.
11. Porridge is ready
12. Serve hot or warm.