Who doesn’t like easy, quick and flavourful recipes? After a long day at work – the only thing you want is a simple yet delicious meal that satisfies your soul. Well, for me one such recipe is my very own “Pan Fried Basa with Potato Mash & Peas”.
- Basa fish – 500 gms
- Four large potatoes – boiled and peeled
- Peeled and boiled peas – 1 big cup
Finely chopped onions – 1 cup
- Finely chopped green chilies – 1
- Chopped Cilantro/ Coriander leaves for garnishing
- Paprika powder – 1tsp
- Lemon wedges
- Lemon – one
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Olive oil – 1 tbs
- Lemond Rind – half a lemon
- Freshly grated ginger and garlic
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Olive Oil – 1 Tsp
- Wash the fish fillets properly, drain out and dry all the excess water using a kitchen towel and keep aside.
- Cut the fish fillets in four parts, in a large bowl – combine all the marination ingredients, mix well and set aside for 30-40 minutes.
- Once fish is well marinated, in a large pan – cook the fish until well done on both sides.
Potato Mash: Finely mash the potatoes, add chopped onions, green chilly, salt and mix well. Keep aside!
Peas: Combine boiled peas, salt, paprika in a bowl and add a dash of lime juice for a tangy twist.
Plating: Plate up everything together, garnish with lemon wedges and fresh cilantro. This super simple dish not only looks good but is packed with Protein, Vitamin B12 and Fatty acids which are good for your skin, hair, helps in weight loss and easy on your stomach. So, go on and try this super simple recipe – your taste buds will thank you for this awesomeness of a dish!
Read Also: Easy and Best Recipes for Kids
Tips & Tricks
- Serve with your choice of sauce Paprika, Tabasco, Mayo or even the good old green chutney.
- Pat dry the fish with kitchen towels so the water is completely drained our because once marinated the salt will help the fillet release more water.
- You can experiment with your own marinades such as pesto, soya sauce or simple Indian ground spices for desi tadka!!
- The fish here can be replaced with Chicken or Shrimp.