According to the baby’s bone development, nervous system, and thinking ability development, toilet training usually starts after the baby is 18 months old. It will not save trouble if it is too early, and it will affect it too late. Psychologically speaking, any behavior of a baby has a critical period. To do the right thing at the right time, you must grasp the right time for training to go to the toilet.
If the baby has the following performance, it means that he can receive toilet training.
1) The baby often says I can do it by myself”, which means he wants to become more independent.
2) He has formed his bowel habit, which is relatively regular, and he blushes and looks attentive when he is about to defecate.
3) He can put on and take off his pants freely.
4) The baby boy is very interested in going to the bathroom with his father and imitating his father’s actions.
5) His physique has developed to a certain level, and he can walk to the place where he puts the potty by himself and sits on the potty to solve the problem.
6) He knows the difference between peeing and defecation, and he may mention these when you change his diaper.
7) You may find that he can stay dry for a long time without diapering, up to 3-6 hours. This shows that his bladder function and control ability are constantly improving.
8) He can understand your words and follow some simple instructions, such as fetching your little bear.
9) He was beginning to realize the feelings he felt when he needed to urinate and defecate, and he was able to show it, such as looking uncomfortable and curling up. Soon he will learn to tell you his needs before urinating.
10) If the diaper gets wet, he will feel uncomfortable and will complain to you for help.
11) He may tear off his diapers every time he wets, which means he may use 10 diapers a day. If this is the case, simply calculate the cost and you will find that it is time for your child to learn to use the potty to solve the problem.
The basic steps to train your baby to sit on the potty:
1) Observe the baby’s bowel movements.
2) Let your baby be familiar with the potty.
3) Eliminate the baby’s fear of potty.
4) Encourage the baby in time and strengthen it repeatedly.
The difference between toilet training male treasure and female treasure
1) Nanbao’s nervous system matures later. Female treasures can master bladder control when they are 18 months old, while male treasures may not have this ability until 22 months old.
2) Generally, women who take care of children are females, so male treasures are not in contact with same-sex adults as often as female treasures, thus lacking role models for learning.
3) For the feeling of wetness, the skin of male treasures is not as sensitive as that of female treasures. But don’t hesitate because of these ordinary data, every baby’s situation is different.
Prohibition: violently conflict with your baby when you use the toilet, and blame your baby for accidental bowel problems.
1) To let babies develop according to their laws, you can’t accelerate this process, you can only observe and induce.
2) Let the baby decide for himself whether he needs a bowel movement, you can give him reminders and suggestions but never force it.
3) Treat your baby with a natural and open-minded attitude. This is an inevitable stage in the growth of every baby, let alone an attitude of disgust.
4) Once you find that your baby has indicated that he wants to urinate, he must respond quickly and not delay, because the baby can only control himself for a short time.
5) Whenever the baby can control his urine and bowel, he should be praised in time to make him feel proud.