Today we’re going to share a delicious recipe do give it a try.
Idli with a twist.
- 6-8 medium sized idlis
- 1/4 cup grated carrots
- 1/8 cup green peas (I used frozen peas)
- 1/2 tsp red chili powder (cayenne pepper)
- Chopped Cilantro
- Pinch of garam masala
- Pinch of turmeric
- Salt to taste
- 1 tbsp oil + oil for roasting the patties
- 1/4 cup boiled potato (if required)
- 1/4 cup roasted channa dal (phutane/putnala pappu)
- 1/4 cup grated fresh coconut
- 1/4 cup cilantro
- 1-2 green chilies (bird eye chilies)
- Salt to season
- Water as required
- For the chutney, blend all ingredients for the chutney in a blender using water as required. Temper it keep it aside.
- Mash the idlis and set aside.
- To make the kebabs, heat oil in a pan. Add chili powder, garam masala and turmeric into the hot oil.
- Roast for about 10 seconds, add the frozen green peas and grated carrots. Add the salt and mix well.
- Add the mashed idlis, chopped cilantro and mix well. Turn off the heat and let it cool.
- Make kebab like patties with the mashed idli, if u need add Potatoes / raw banana/ pumpkin / paneer crushed or soaked poha as a binder.
- Roast the kebabs; keep flipping them carefully with the help of oil.
- Transfer small amounts of chutney into shot gasses. Drizzle the tempering over the chutney.
- Poke a toothpick/skewer into the kebabs and let the idlis rest across the shot glasses.
I have tried this at pool party. Do give it a try its kids friendly and a hit recipe for family get together or kitty parties.
Try serving with varieties of sauces and kebabs can be made with many other ingredients like sprouts, veggies etc. do try and mention in comment below which variation you tried.
Send us your creative kids-friendly recipes at email@example.com