2018-19 Nursery Admission Criteria
Nursery Admission for Calendar Session April 2018 will begin shortly. Given below are the Key Guidelines for Nursery Admissions for 2018.
Nursery Admission Seat Quota (On an average – below are the Seat Allocations)
Based on the Past Years – below is the criteria:
» 25% – EWS (Economically Weaker Section & Disadvantaged Group) – those whose Annual Household Income is under 1 Lakh or 25% Disability / Orthopedic Challenged.
» 5% – Staff Children
» 20% – Management Quota
» 50% – Open Category for Admissions. General Seats
Minimum & Maximum Age for Admissions:
Age of the Child should be:
» For Nursery (Pre-School) – At least 3 years and maximum 4 years as on 31st March 2017
» For KG (Pre-Primary) – At least 4 years and maximum 5 years as on 31st March 2017
» For Class 1 – At least 5 years and maximum 6 years as on 31st March 2017
There is no relaxation for Minimum Age. However, for Maximum age – there could be relaxation for Differently Abled Children as per Specific Guidelines.
Point Basis Selection for Open Category (2017 – 18 Nursery Admissions)
There are no Single Criteria for Nursery Admissions as the school may decide and published on their Website:
Neighbourhood Points: Close Proximity to School will be the most Important criteria for Nursery admission in 2017. It depends from school to School to allocate Points based on Distance (Some have Bifurcation Points based on Distance – For instance up to 6 Km – 40 Points, 6 to 8 Km 30 Points, More than 8 Km 20 Points. Some have Flat 40 Points for Distance to 15 Kms and Zero Point for more than 15 Kms) – It’s 100% based on School Purview
Sibling Points: If Sibling (Real brother or Sister) Studying in Same School in the Current Academic Session. Then School allocates in Points (No cousins are considered for Sibling definition under school admissions).
For Girl Child / Single Parent : Some Schools offers in Points for Girl Child, Some don’t.
Transferred Defence or Para Military Employee: Some schools offer 5 to 10 Points for Parents in Defence Sector – Serving the Nation
For Parents as Alumni: If either of the parents is alumni of the same school or Group – then Points are allocated based on Criteria
There are no Points for Parent Educational Qualification, Job and no Parents or Kid Interview will be required for Nursery Admissions
How will Admission be made where Students have Same Points?
A Draw of Lots will be done for Students scoring similar Points. As per DOE (Directorate of Education), a Video recording to be done by all Private Schools conducting the draw.
Also – to ensure better transparency – draw of lot will only be done in front of parents, where a date pre-hand will be announced holding draw of lot of children having similar points for selection process.
Application Form Dates :
Sale of the application form begins Online or through School Campus, which can be collected either from School Reception or can be downloaded and submitted Online (if a facility is Provided by the respective school). A registration fee of ₹25 is kept as the standard for admission form submission.
NOTE: ALL THE MANDATORY DATES ARE MENTIONED AT THE END OF THE ARTICLE.
Draw Date / 1st List of Admissions: As per School Notification, the last date for 1st Cut off list is around February.
Documents for Nursery Admission to be Submitted with Application Form
All the materials mentioned below are not Mandatory
– Wholly Filled Application Form with 2 Photographs (if form is asked to be submitted physically in School)
– 1 to 2 different copies of Residence Address Proof – Rent Agreement / Telephone Bill / Electricity Bill / Bank Statement etc. (Some Schools ask for two separate documents for residence proof)
– Birth Certificate as Age Proof of the Child
– Copy of ID Card of Sibling (if applicable, for studying in the same school)
– Copy of Medical Certificate or Immunization Chart (as per school own terms)
– If Alumni Applicable (copy of High School or Relieving Certificate of Parent as Alumnus of School, as per school terms)
– Transfer Case of Parents (Applicable mainly for government employees, as per school terms, copy of transfer letter from company)
– If Children with Special Needs (Certificate from Competent Medical Officer for Disability)
– Any other document (as per point system or discretion of school Management)
Documents Not Required:
– No Marks Sheet, Education Degree of Parents (unless Parents declaring them as School Alumni)
– No Business Card or Professional Proof Parents (unless Parents claiming them in Economically Weaker Section)
– No Recommendation Letter from anyone need to be submitted
Note: No Donation or Capitation Fees is to be paid for admission in schools. This is as per Government Notification that a parent can complain if asked for same.
• Start of the application process: December 27
• Last date for submission of forms in schools: January 17, 2018
• First list of selected candidates: February 15, 2018
• Schools to upload list detailing marks given to each applicant: February 2, 2018
• The second list of selected candidates: February 28, 2018
• Subsequent admission lists: March 15, 2018
• Closure of admission process: March 31, 2018