I’ve been on a bit of a sweet run lately and wanted to write down these recipes since very long. I found these recipes way back. Kids will love these whimsical and fun treats, great for a children’s birthday or Halloween party. Your own version of a Crunchie – just without the chocolate is written just below!
Here are the 3 lip-smacking recipes that you need to try on:
Honeycomb with golden syrup :
4 tablespoons golden syrup
200g caster sugar
- 3 teaspoons bicarbonate of soda
Prep:5min › Cook:10min › Ready in 15min
- Grease a 20cm square cake tin or slice tray.
- In a large saucepan, heat the golden syrup and sugar together, bring to the boil then simmer on low heat for 5-10 minutes. Cooking time will vary but test it by dropping a little syrup into the water – it should become brittle when ready. Watch it doesn’t burn.
- Remove pot from heat and add the bicarb. Quickly mix it in because the mixture will foam up instantly. Pour immediately into the cake tin. Leave to set then break into bite-size chunks.
Tip: Make your very own crunchie by dipping the pieces of honeycomb in melted chocolate, then letting them set on a piece of greaseproof paper!
Chocolate mice :
For the mice
100g plain chocolate
5 tablespoons soured cream
125g chocolate biscuit crumbs
For decoration :
5 tablespoons chocolate biscuit crumbs
5 tablespoons icing sugar
24 silver dragées (silver balls) for the eyes
25g flaked almonds
12 (5cm) liquorice strings
- Prep:20min › Extra time:1hr40min › Ready in:2hr
- Melt the chocolate and combine with soured cream. Stir in 125g chocolate biscuit crumbs. Cover and chill until firm.
- Roll by level tablespoonfuls into balls. Mould to a slight point at one end (the nose) to form mice.
- Roll each mouse in icing sugar (for white mice), and in chocolate biscuit crumbs (for dark mice). On each mouse, place dragées in the appropriate spot for eyes, almond flakes for ears and a liquorice string for the tail.
Chill for at least two hours until firm.
Mini Rocky Road Cakes :
Makes: 10 cakes
1 mug mini marshmallows
1 1/2 mugs chocolate buttons
1 mug broken digestive biscuits
1 mug sultanas
Prep:5min › Extra time:25min chilling › Ready in 30min
- Put the chocolate buttons and butter in a microwavable dish and heat in a microwave for 35 seconds (or until melted). Remove from the microwave and mix well.
- Place the sultanas, biscuits and mini marshmallows in a bowl with the melted chocolate and butter and mix well, so that everything is coated
- All thats left to do, is to place the mixture in small ‘blobs’ onto a foil covered baking tray, ready to put into the fridge for about 20 mins (or until set).
Serving suggestion :
You can add cherries and mess around with the amount of each ingredient, to suit your own tastes. There is no right or wrong way to do it, just the way you like it. The best thing about this is the fact that any of the ingredients can be eaten at any point during the 5 mins it takes to prepare!