Daliya Methi Muthias, these healthy muthias are sure to keep you ‘full’ for a long time. These are slightly more crumbly than the regular muthias because of the broken wheat, but I guarantee that you will love them. Serve with Green Chutney or Sweet Chutney.
For the muthiyas
Broken wheat – 20g
Chopped fenugreek leaves – 20g
Bajra flour – 10g
Clove of garlic grated – 1
Ginger-green chilli paste – ¼ teaspoon
Turmeric powder – a pinch
Low-fat curd – 2 teaspoon
Salt to taste
For the tempering:
Olive oil – ½ teaspoon
Mustard seeds – ¼ teaspoon
Asafoetida – a pinch
For the garnish
Chopped coriander – 10g
For the Muthiyas
- Clean and wash the broken wheat.
- Boil the washed broken wheat in 1 cup of water for 8 to 10 minutes. Drain the broken wheat in a strainer and keep aside.
- Combine all the ingredients in other bowl and mix well.
- Divide the muthias mixture into equal portions.
- Shape each portion into a cylindrical roll.
- Steam the rolls for 12 to 15 minutes or till a knife inserted in a roll comes out clean.
- Cool and slice the muthias into pieces and keep aside.
How to proceed:
- Heat the oil in a non-stick pan, add the mustard seeds and asafoetida.
- When the seeds crackle, add the prepared muthias and sauté for 3 to 4 minutes until they are light brown in colour.
- Serve hot, garnished with coriander.
Do give it a try and tag us #HEALTHYHUMHEALTHYTUM.