With the recognition of being an important commercial pulse of the world, soya beans are coming into many kitchens around the world. Soya beans are said to control blood sugar levels, lower cholesterol, regulate the bowels and relieve constipation. Soya granules make these delicious soya tikkis healthy. You can try the soya tikki as the party appetizer.
INGREDIENTS FOR SOYA TIKKI:
1 cup Soya Granules
1 chopped Green Chilli
One teaspoon Ginger Paste
1 teaspoon Garlic Paste
1 cup Green Peas
2 cups chopped Spinach
1 teaspoon Chaat Masala
2 tablespoons Chickpea Flour or Besan
1 1/2 teaspoon Salt
3 tablespoons Oil (divided)
Read Also: Fun Kitchen Tools for Kids
- Soak the soya granules in hot water and let it rest.
- Heat a tablespoon of oil in a pan and add green chillies, ginger and garlic.
- Sauté for a minute till fragrant and add green peas and salt. Cover and cook the peas for 8-10 minutes.
- Add spinach and raw mango powder (amchoor) and sauté for 2-3 minutes until the spinach is cooked completely and let it cool.
- In another pan, dry roast the chickpea flour (besan) till it becomes aromatic and the flour is a light brown.
- Strain the soya granules, squeeze out the water completely and grind it along with green peas and spinach mixture. Transfer it to a bowl and mix in the roasted chickpea flour (besan).
- Make Tikki out of it.
- Heat the pan, brush oil and let the Tikki cook till golden brown.
- Serve hot.