Bring the spirit of Maharashtra into your homes with this protein-laden Sprouts Misal. While many think that milk and milk products are the most important source of proteins, they are unaware of the power of sprouts, which give you a superb, more easily digestible protein boost.
Let us try this recipe for this festival season than some protein punch and boost your energy level for playing garba. It is a perfect balance of nutrition and light and is easy to make.
3 cups boiled mixed sprouts (kala Chana, chawli, moong, rajma etc)
1 tsp misal masala
2 tsp oil
1 tsp cumin seeds
1/2 tsp ginger-green chilli paste
1 tsp garlic paste
1/2 cup finely chopped onions
1/4 tsp turmeric powder
1 tsp chilli powder
Salt to taste
Read Also: Pan Fried Basa with Potato Mash
- 2 tbsp finely chopped tomatoes
- 3 tbsp finely chopped onions
- 2 tbsp chopped coriander leaves
- 1/2 lemon
- Heat the oil in a non-stick pan and add the cumin seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add ginger-green chilli paste, garlic paste and onions and sauté on a medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Add the mixed sprouts, misal masala, turmeric powder, chilli powder, salt and ¼ cup of water.
- Mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes, while stirring constantly.
- Serve immediately, topped with tomatoes and onions.
- Squeeze lemon just before eating
Read Also: Tomato Cabbage Soup