Just a handful of ingredients make up this Tomato Cabbage Soup. Hearty, yet very low calorie at just 85 calories per cup.
4 ripe tomatoes
3 cups finely chopped cabbage
1 small finely chopped onion
1/2 boiled and mashed potato (this works as a thickening agent if you don’t like watery soup)
1 tsp olive oil or cooking butter
Salt to taste
3 cups water
- Boil and puree the tomatoes, set aside for some time.
- Heat oil in a saucepan, saute onions, add cabbage and cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Add pureed tomatoes and cook for 30 seconds.
- Add water, salt, pepper, garlic powder, mashed potato and keep stirring.
- Bring it to boil and simmer for 5 minutes.
Read Also: Food is Health