Dessert, sweets, chocolates, ice creams are must for the festive season. With Janmashtami round the corner, many thoughts were running in my mind about my diabetic relatives and clients. Since our festivals are incomplete without sweets, so here I present a mouth-watering yummy and healthy fruit oats kulfi.
- Take oats, cardamom and half the quantity of nuts(dry fruits) in a mixer and powder them.
- Chop nuts and soak saffron in warm milk.
- Pour the milk in a thick bottomed vessel. Add oats + nuts powder to it. Mix well. Keep the flame on medium heat
- After 2-3 minutes add jaggery and mix well.
- When the mixture starts to thicken, add preferred fruit pulp, chopped nuts and saffron. Mix everything well and switch Off and allow to cool.
- Pour it into kulfi moulds and freeze for 6 to 8 hours.
- Serve chilled kulfi and garnish with chopped nuts.
You may also like: Junk Food Addiction in Kids: How to Curb?
- Instead of plain oats, you can use any flavoured oats.
- Adding mango puree is optional. Instead, you can make plain kesar pista flavour, saffron flavour.
- Add jaggery as per taste but do not overdo it.
- If you don’t have kulfi moulds you can pour it in an airtight box and serve using a scooper.
- Garnish plain (non-fruit flavour) with rose petals, chia seeds and dried berries.